The capture, storage and use of your data is governed by the Data Protection Act 1998 as amended by the GDPR 2016. We are registered with the Information Commissioner's Office as a Data Controller, with registration number ZA139021. Our registration can be confirmed by searching the Register of Data Controllers on the https://ico.org.uk website.
This website may contain links to other websites over which we have no control and we are not responsible for privacy and data protection policies on those websites. We encourage all individuals to review their privacy policies so you can understand how they collect, use and share your information.
We are committed to ensuring that your personal information is processed safely and in accordance with the new obligations under the The General Data Protection Regulations 2016 (GDPR).
- The GDPR provides you with the following rights:
- The right to be informed that the information is held
- The right of access to the information
- The right to rectify the information
- The right to have the information erased
- The right to restrict processing
- The right to data portability
- The right to object
- Rights related to automated decision making including profiling
2.1 The Right to Informed
2.1.1 Information in your Profile
When you complete your profile we may hold the following information about you:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Address - (non-mandatory)
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Career Preferences - (non-mandatory)
- Education - (non-mandatory)
- Employment History - (non-mandatory)
- References - (non-mandatory)
- Diversity Data (non-mandatory)
2.1.2 Additional Information
We may also collect and process the following information about you:
-Information you provide to us when registering or completing forms on the Site (including personal details, contact details, work history and other profile information);
-If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
-Details of transactions carried out through the Site, including any information we require to provide any products or services that you order from us through the Site;
-Details of your visits to the Site and the resources that you access;
-Information that we receive from other users or third parties who are permitted to give information about you;
-If you pay fees to us or subscribe to premium services for which we take a payment, we and/or our payment providers may store payment card information;
-Information about computer hardware and software which we may use to help diagnose problems with our server and/or to administer our web site and which may include IP address, browser type, domain names, access times and referring web site addresses;
-Other information about your use of our Site, such as what areas you visit and what services you access, any requests or enquiries about our services, or any information which we may request from you to improve the Site and/or the Services, including for example information derived from your use of forums, tweets, blogs and any other services on the Site.
2.1.3 Grounds for Retaining Your Information
We only retain information in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulations 2016. These new regulations establish the legal grounds upon which information may be processed.
- If you create a profile on or after the 26th May 2018, without choosing to become a PRO member, then we will only process your personal information with your explicit consent (GDPR 2016). To receive direct marketing emails from us you will need to opt-in when completing your profile. You may opt-out at anytime by logging into www.myfirstjobintv.co.uk and amending your profile.
- As of the 26th of May 2018 if you are or have been PRO member, or have already created a profile to use our services for free, then we will process your information on the basis that we have a legitimate interest to do so (Article 6(1)(f) GDPR). We will continue marketing our opportunities and services to you as we have always done. You may opt-out of our direct marketing policy (Data Protection Act 1998 and Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003), by unsubscribing at the bottom of the email or by logging into www.myfirstjobintv.co.uk and changing the settings on your profile or by contact us at email@example.com
- We only retain and process your information because it is necessary to allow you to quickly and easily apply for jobs on the site or to seek advice from us.
- We only send your information to third parties with your explicit consent. For example, when you apply for a job.
- Within your profile you may permit recruiters to view your Profile. This consent can be withdrawn at anytime by logging into MFJTV and changing the setting within your profile.
2.1.3 How Your Information is Used
We may use information held about you in the following ways:
- To provide services that you have ordered from us and to otherwise fulfill any obligations arising under any contracts between us;
- To help us improve the structure, layout and usability of the Site;
- To allow you to participate in any interactive features of the Site, when you choose to do so;
- To answer any questions that may raise or respond to any comments you may send to us;
- To carry out market analysis and research;
- Where feedback has been volunteered or submitted by you about our Site and/ or our Services, we may contact you for further information and with your permission, attach your identity to and use and/or publish such feedback (such as success stories) for promotional purposes;
- To help detect fraud or loss or in response to a verified request by law enforcement or other government officials such as a Section 29 (3) Data Protection Act 1998 form relating to a criminal investigation or alleged illegal activity, or other activity that may expose us or them to legal liability;
- To compile, aggregate and disclose to third parties general demographic information - this information may relate to age, gender, location etc. but will not specifically identify you or your computer personally;
-To send reminders asking you to update your CV, profile and/ or other personal data;
- To send occasional information about other group products and services;
- To send occasional information about what we - in our absolute discretion - consider to be marketing relevant to individuals involved in media production, as permitted by the GDPR 2016.
If you receive emails from us and you would prefer not to, please opt-out of this service by: (1) logging into your profile, (2) unsubscribing at the bottom of the email, or (3) emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
2.2 The Right of Access
You may request access to all your personal information by contacting us at email@example.com. There will be a £10.00 administration fee for such requests.
2.3 The Right to Rectify
You may review, correct, update or change your User Information and your Application Profile, Collaboration Profile or on your CV at any time, in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulations 2016. You simply need to login into your account and amend your profile of contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2.4 The Right to have the Information Erased
Your information can be deleted/erased at anytime. If you cancel your registration, we will delete your CV and profile within one (1) month of the date of cancellation. An email or online message will be sent or displayed to you to confirm that your information has been deleted. If you cancel or suspend your subscription you will remain liable for any subscription charges up to the end of the relevant subscription period.
If you suspend your registration, your User Information, CV and profile will remain on the Site, but we will keep such data on our servers until you notify us that you wish to revive or cancel your registration.
We will keep your information on the site for as long as you continue to be a registered member. However, if you continue to be a member but cease to use the site or suspend your registration, we will delete your User Information from the database after a period of three (3) years from your last log-in, unless you ask us to retain it.
2.5 The Right to Restrict Processing
You have the right to request the restriction or suppression of your personal data. This is not an absolute right and only applies in certain circumstances. You can make such a request by emailing email@example.com and we will respond within one (1) calendar month. Even if processing is restricted, we are permitted to store the personal data but not use it.
2.6 The Right to Data Portability
This means that you have the right to receive your personal information in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format.
2.7 The Right to Object
You are entitled to object to your personal data being used. You can object by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will reply within one (1) calendar month. In particular, you can always object (opt-out) of the emails we send you notifying you of job opportunities on the site.
2.8 Rights related to Automated Decision Making including profiling
We do not have any automated decision making provisions on our site.
Apart from the information mentioned above, we may also collect:
Information about members computers, including their IP address and the type of operating system software and browser software they use; and
Information about their general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of their computer.
We use this information in order to:
- Help recognise you as a unique visitor to the Site so that, when you return, er are able to customise the Site to reflect your individual interests and preferences; and
- Compile anonymous, aggregated statistics that allow us to understand how you and other users use the Site and to help us improve the structure, layout and usability of the Site. We may share this aggregated information with our advertisers. This aggregated information will not identify anyone as an individual.
We have implemented reasonable technical and organisational measures designed to secure personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorised access, use, alteration or disclosure. However, the Internet is an open system and we cannot guarantee that unauthorised third parties will never be able to defeat the measures we have taken or use personal information for improper purposes.
From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of the Site, or the entire Site, to users who have registered with us. If we provide you with a user ID code or other password that allows you to access a restricted part of the Site, you must keep that information secret and ensure that the password is not used without your authority.
We encourage you to regularly review the statement on the Site to make sure you are always aware of what information is collected, how it is used and under what circumstances, if any, we may share it with other parties.
You can contact us at any time at: email@example.com
If you have any concerns about the way your data is being handled you have a legal right to contact the Information Commission.